If you’ve wanted to start an online boutique, you’ve probably come across an online course. Learning online through taking an online boutique course makes starting an online boutique business more convenient than ever. And you no longer need a traditional education or years of retail experience to be successful.
You can work at your own pace right from home and implement what you’re learning as you go. Time is one of the most important factors when choosing a course.
Not only do you get to learn what you need to in less time, but you also avoid the common newbie mistakes that would have wasted your time.
And since time is the one resource you can never get back, it is important for us here at Start Your Boutique to help you find the right course for your goals is crucial.
So if you value your time, then keep reading for a breakdown of the best online courses to start and grow your online boutique this year!
If You Haven’t Done Any Research About Starting An Online Boutique…
Have you researched the process of starting an online boutique?
If not, it’s a bit different from other online business opportunities. You can’t just buy a domain name and set up shop.
That’s why taking the right online boutique course is so important. You’ll need help navigating some details that can easily become confusing early on.
Depending on the state you’re in (if you’re in the United States), you may need specific permits or licenses.
These will give you the benefit of purchasing items at wholesale prices. And allow you to legally collect sales tax where required.
In most cases, you’ll need to have a legal business entity in order to start doing business. That structure can take many forms but most common would be an LLC.
And it’s usually based on your boutique name. Finding the right name alone can take some aspiring boutique owners months to decide on.
So if you’re still in the early stages then Boutique Startup 101 is for you!
It shows you how to:
- Choose the perfect boutique name so that you can have a name that attracts customers to your shop.
- File for your business entity and permits so that you can be a LEGAL business and start buying wholesale products.
- Process and ship orders right from home (without having boxes and bins all over the place).
- Manage sales tax filing for your boutique so you do it the right way (and don’t get into trouble with your state government).
Plus, it comes with a bunch bonus resources!
You’ll get a guide to state sales tax, expense tracking spreadsheet, and a mini-workshop for managing finances.
If you need help navigating some of the trickiest parts of getting started, then sign up for the Boutique Startup 101 course.
Buy Boutique Start Up 101
If You’ve Already Started The Process of Launching Your Online Boutique…
Do your already have your LLC and a sales tax permit or reseller’s license? Then you’re ready for the next step!
And that’s buying inventory.
But it’s not as simple as getting a wholesale vendor list or going to a trade show and then placing an order.
You need to know HOW to buy inventory. And that starts with knowing exactly who your target customer is.
If you don’t know who your boutique is selling to, then you can’t have any hope of making sales.
That’s why the In Stock to Sold Out inventory buying course is so important.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a cohesive collection instead of choosing random products that you ‘like’ so that customers fill their carts (not just grab one item).
- Avoid overspending on inventory and make a profit on everything you sell so that your business is actually making money (and not just an expensive hobby).
- Buy wholesale online so that you can find inventory all year round instead of waiting for the next trade show.
- Buy inventory when you’re at a trade show so that you know everything you need to bring with you and what you can leave at home, plus my best tips to save money on your orders.
- Price for profit (instead of just choosing prices that feel right but won’t help your bank account) so that you actually make money on everything you sell.
And it comes with great bonuses too. You’ll get a pricing calculator so you don’t have to do the retail math all by yourself. And a budget tracking spreadsheet to make sure you don’t overspend on inventory you can’t sell.
Plus there’s also a lesson on getting clear on your target customer. So you won’t waste time or money on products that your customer wouldn’t buy.
Don’t buy any inventory without first taking the In Stock to Sold Out course!
Buy In Stock to Sold Out
If You’ve Already Launched and Want To Grow Your Online Boutique…
Growing your online boutique requires consistent and effective marketing. That’s the only way you’ll get consistent sales in your business!
As a general rule, you should be where your customer is. That means being active on the social platforms they use and also taking advantage of paid ads on those platforms. You need to drive traffic to your website. As a newer boutique, your job is to be as visible as possible to the most relevant people. And you should be in front of as many of those people as possible every single day.
But what if you don’t have a huge audience already? Or even a massive budget?
That’s where influencer marketing comes into play. It’s nothing new. Brands have been using influencers since advertising began.
And you see it all the time.
Just scroll Instagram for a few minutes and you’re bound to run into a #ad or #sponsored post.
And not just from profiles with a million followers.
Influencers of all shapes, sizes and follower counts are helping brands grow every single day.
Social media now is just creating a space for more influencers to thrive and amplify their voices.
But how do you know who has real influence and who just knows how to make a pretty post?
It’s easy to get fooled. That’s why taking the Influencer Marketing 101 course is the first step to growing your online boutique with influencer marketing.
- How to vet influencers to make sure their engagement is real (and not just a bunch of fake followers and comments)
- The type of influencer partnerships you can pursue (and how to determine which is best for your brand)
- How to find and hire influencers (and create long term relationships)
What deliverables and terms to have in place so you make sure you get what you want from the partnership.
Plus, you’ll get a bunch of bonuses! Copy-and-paste outreach templates, a contract template and more!
Sign up for Influencer Marketing 101 today! And learn exactly how to use influencer marketing to grow your online boutique.
Buy Influencer Marketing 101
What Is The Best Online Boutique Course To Take?
If you want to take just one course, then Online Boutique Success® is the best place to start.
It’s a comprehensive program designed to help first-time entrepreneurs launch and grow their online boutique in 90 days.
You’ll learn how to:
- Set up your business entity, get your licenses and find the best banking solution for your goals.
- Create a logo and style your brand.
- Choose the right products, create collections and plan a photo shoot.
- Design a website using Shopify.
- Use paid ads to drive traffic and make sales on your website.
- Leverage content and email marketing to get more customers.
- Work with influencers to grow your brand.
- File sales tax and federal taxes
And much more!
Plus, you’ll get access to group coaching with personalized feedback. And join a community of other ambitious boutique owners with a similar mindset.
If you’re committed to launching your boutique in the next 3 months, then learn more about Online Boutique Success® here.
Join Online Boutique Success
Based on where you are in your journey, there’s an online boutique course that can bring your closer to your goals.